Sunday, October 5, 2014

Knock Knock Knock

Who's There?

An interesting question came up today... Was I looking to fall in love when I first met Hunter? Um, no I was a bisexual back then. I was seriously thinking I was just in love with guys. But a knock at my apartment changed that completely. I seriously thought this ditsy blonde had just gotten lost. I never dreamed it was the one that Edwin talked about. 

To be fair in making that statement, the pictures he had of her were when they were kids. This was not a girl in overalls with blood smeared on her. This was a goddess in leggings and a shirt three times too big for her and in Sperries. "What's up?" Seriously dude did you really just say that. Her nervous grin grew wider and I knew she was laughing at me. "Is Edwin here?" Oh crap, she's in the right place and holy hell he has a babe of a secret girlfriend. Oh, well forget the bro code, snooze you lose! "No, but if you want you can wait on him on the couch." 

The first intake of breath after she walked past me threw my senses out of control. Vanilla, spice, and bergamot hit me like dump truck going 80 mph. I stuttered like crazy as this girl literally plopped into my chair. Not really knowing where else to sit I sat on the couch arm, that was my spot. She looked at me with a nervous smile and I am pretty sure I gave a feeble attempt at a smile in return. She could read minds and that freaked me out. "Am I in your spot?" I looked at the floor and nodded. "Ok Dr. Cooper, I'll get up." That moment right there I knew I was going to marry her if only in my dream the rest of my life.

Edwin coming home and swinging her around gave me a ridiculous pang of jealousy. Edwin introduced as the girl in the overalls and everything clicked. She smiled and told Edwin how nice I had been. She hung out with us. My mind tried to focus on the fact that she was gorgeous but insanely smart. She wasn't like so many girls... She wasn't so blonde that she was dumb and she wasn't so geeky that she liked anime. It was like heaven was on earth for me, but she was friends with Edwin.

Over the next three years I seen lots of her and we became friends. I learned that she was very well rounded. How many guys know a bombshell that travels, reads (not just magazines or Facebook or fiction books) newspapers, nonfiction, etc, dances (real dancing), teaches, has many hobbies, tries new food and eats as much as they do, keeps a semi-open mind, has a schedule, works out, volunteers, and never stops trying to better herself? I think that's why I love her so much because she is the perfect woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment